Thank you for visiting the website of Nitti & Nitti. Please know that our attorneys and staff are working to ensure that we continue to serve our valued clients and respond to any immediate needs. Inquiries or deadlines requiring a timely response related to cases are being addressed without delay. Our team has access to email and phone messages and will respond those in as timely a fashion as possible. You can send us a case inquiry through our website. The safety and well-being of our clients and their families as well as our staff is our most important focus at this time. We thank you for your patience during this challenging time and wish you and those in the communities we serve good health.

Enforcing Court Orders
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Children’s Issues
  4.  » Enforcing Court Orders

What Should You Do When Court Orders Are Not Followed?

When your co-parent is not following a custody or support agreement, the frustration can be overwhelming. You can feel like there is no one to rely upon when raising your child. Moreover, you likely feel outraged on behalf of your child. But, legal solutions are available.

Nitti & Nitti, P.C., is a long-established legal institution with decades of information and knowledge. We utilize these resources on your behalf so that you and your loved ones can find long-term answers to your problems. For legal assistance with a custody or support enforcement issue, call our office at 973-226-4141 and schedule a free consultation.

Enforcement Provisions Under New Jersey Law

If your ex-spouse is refusing to pay child support or fails to bring your children for your parenting time, you may feel powerless. But, New Jersey law does provide for enforcement and compensatory consequences. Parents who fail to comply with custody or support orders can face serious consequences like:

  • Reduced parenting time, including permanent physical custody changes
  • Increased fees and monetary compensation for missed child support
  • Ineligibility for certain key legal privileges like holding a driver’s license
  • Mandatory counseling or community service
  • Criminal charges

Your child deserves a stable, productive environment. Failure to comply with these orders can cause turmoil and pain for you and your child. Legal recourse is available.

Speak With Our Firm

Are you ready to seek help? For a free initial consultation, speak to our firm at 973-226-4141 or by completing our online contact form.